12 March 2006

Easing into a new week; a new discipline

I performed my last Daily Office a few minutes ago (last expressly for this class anyway). It was nice. Sad and applicable. I felt compelled to email my Oma who is in a convalescent home. Just before it, I received an urgent prayer request and that occupied components of the Daily Office.

Today, I've been thinking about Jesus. At church we had a prophet couple come in. I didn't get to experience much - I was part of the tithe counting crew. I found myself disappointed that skepticism was so much of my make-up. In home group this afternoon, there was just this nice mellowness. There were people who were so blessed, you couldn't help but smile often and big. Funny how we build fences, given emotion life rather than allowing them to help us understand where we are in life, and perhaps concentrate on that which is out of control.

So, this week starts a new series of disciplines. Probably lectio davina and a devotional book - Early Will I Seek You: A 40-Day Journey in the Company of Augustine. I should have probably journaled a bit more on the transitionary thinking between the Daily Office, but I think that will come in the coming days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Seeker said...

I can't wait to hear about your lectio divina time!

Monday, March 13, 2006 at 6:52:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home