06 March 2006

Thoughts and the moment

There was an interesting fight today in my soul. Miniscule really. When it came to the daily office in my literal office I had a bunch of amazing thoughts that came to mind. These were fresh and something that I wanted to quickly jot down to be able to remember. But I also didn't want to interrupt the flow or order of the liturgy. I found myself wanting to both just scribble a quick note and pretend the thoughts never existed. I persisted with the daily office trying to be faithful to God and at the same time see these thoughts as blessings from him. I didn't write them down, block them out, or dwell on them. Some of them have made it into this voice recorder and some of them probably haven't. But it is interesting to build my trust in the Lord that these thoughts coming to mind were a blessing and the ability to retrieve them in the context after the daily office was also a blessing.

And as I was doing the daily office today, it's a beautiful late winter-early spring day and I can see the trees and the out-of-doors, and this made for a really precious moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home