27 May 2006

God's love, dreams, and doing

I came across the following quote from Stephen Leacock in Fletcher's book. It got me thinking about my friend and her daughter the spit fire.
It may be those who do most dream most.
I think this is so true. As a follower of Christ, I find myself in constant doubt. It ebbs and flows. Its character is not about the existence of God nor fundamentally the beautiful things about him, but it is distancing nonetheless. But when I meet those who have settled better the love of God in their life (he is for them, not manipulative or destructive, but for them and loves them), the natural result seems to be a freedom to dream. These then are the same people who do extraordinary things. They don't look at a house and spend extra time contemplating on whether God wants them to have it because they wonder where they are in his love. They have developed a strong intuition of the Spirit. They feel very comfortable hearing his voice and moving. Or perhaps they feel that if they were to make a mistake in trying to follow God's steps that his grace is still bigger than the circumstance. This last sentence may really be hitting on something for me.

I also like the order this quote uses. It is approachable, and allows us all to be dreamers. To do leads to dreaming. Dreaming is the Existential result of a life of good doing. Out of the simple commitments done well come cosmic changes...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Friday, July 21, 2006 at 2:27:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home