25 May 2006

The Kingdom and the kids

I've just been a blogging fool this morning, but I've got one more in me. I woke up thinking about friends' kids. The oldest has many talents. He loves Jesus and it comes out in his art, the way he approaches soccer, and how he interacts in the store. He often gives his parents Kingdom insights. There is no disconnect between sacred and secular for him. He is consistent in his worship and action. The middle daughter is loving. She has to be one of the most hospitable people I've ever met (she gets this from her mom). She will bring you into her world and make you feel like you are a king. Look here's her favorite book and there is where she wants to sit with you and have a conversation. She will gaze into your eyes and it chokes you up, she is just so amazing. The youngest is a spit fire. I suspect she will be like her dad in being able to see what she wants and having the tenacity to get it done. When your life is caked in God, this vision and desire warms the Lord's heart, "Do extraordinary things, it's OK that's where I am at as well." And when she smiles you have to chuckle.

So, I awoke with a smile this morning. A group of great kids, each living out the Kingdom of God as they are supposed to. They are blessed to live under the influence of amazing parents and they bless people from across the country. A forth is on the way. I can't wait to see the part God has for him to play!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Sunday, June 11, 2006 at 9:50:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home