08 April 2006

Emotion and change


So, I should transition from the daily Bible notes/Lectio Divina daily disciplines to a daily discipline that is uniquely mine. I've gotten tons of material, but find it difficult putting down an actual rigor.

The daily Bible notes and Lectio Divina was a significant struggle. Emotionally, I wasn't into it. Though, each time I blogged about it, I found profound messages. The blogging was actually part of the experience. I wonder if I was changed by it invisibly or if it was more of an intellectual pursuit with uncertainty being given higher credence than solidity?

Does it make sense to be stuck because one feels failure a possibility? I purchased a book on emotional discipline today. In reading it some time ago, I found that emotion was a barometer to point to reality. It may not be reporting reality, but even in distortion it is reporting a status. Emotion should not be discounted or seen as evil. But it is often associated with "the flesh." True enough in one sense, but then emotion has convicted in love and confirmed in discipline. It has provided confirmation and revealed spiritual poverty.

3 Comments:

Blogger Seeker said...

Excellent Picture!

I can't wait to look at that book. I hope that you receive a lot from it, and the world benefit from your blog. Keep up the writing and reading. I can't wait to see what the book says about emotions and what God is doing with our emotions.

Sunday, April 9, 2006 at 7:41:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger SonnyBoy said...

to be honest... i thot it was a spam comment! but reading it again, i get the import of your words.... Peace? Thats what everyone is after but only a few achieve... You have got a rather spiritual blog here! good going!! :)

Sunday, April 9, 2006 at 11:32:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger SonnyBoy said...

Do you believe in the Gospel of Judas?

Monday, April 10, 2006 at 11:43:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home