04 October 2006

Blessings

It is early on Wednesday. There's a long day ahead and there is still illness from behind. I should sleep, but my mind is in one of those states where it is racing. There is no harmony between body and mind right now. It's OK.

Dear Lord,

May those in my life, on the periphery of my life, who should be in my life be blessed. I pit grace against sin and I see darkness where there is an unfinished work. But beyond my hang-ups and lack, please bless. Please bless the singles that feel so lost and the marrieds that feel so lonely. The children that they be granted grace to resist complacency and pessimism. For the infants that they live strongly and courageously. To the elderly who are dimming. May they sense your embrace from behind and realize the closeness that youth can never predict in You. May they smell you deeply as they bury their tired heads in your forearms and let tears and joy become part of You. I pray for two new born churches and their pastors. Peace, wisdom, good humor, and marriage that is more satisfying than fine crafted wine that was thought to be lost. Bring in the people. Virtue and creativity abound. For those who have just lost their siblings and those who just lost their virginity. Strength.

Lord, I ask for today to be important. It has the potential for some uniqueness, but by and large it may be one that is tempted to be immemorial. I pray that my actions and heart be congruent with Your being today.

May I sleep soon.

There is much to thank You for. I leave that to the realm of silence for now. Not in laziness or slumber, but in testimony that Your acts of wonder can't be contained in all the media of the world.

I love You and submit this prayer in Jesus' set-apart, unique character and being... Amen.