24 October 2006

Sigh

Is it fair to blame God for life being unfair? Scripturally, the answer is, "No."

I had just posted my blog entry a minute ago and got news seconds later that part of the thing that circumstantially looked promising, crashed to a grinding halt.

My Aunt Doris passed away this weekend. Her faith was so strong before she died. I don't think I'd seen it stronger in my 35 years. I saw a picture of her from this summer with a whimsical grin and motion. I thought I had invented it. Wild how our whole being can influence people in ways we don't imagine.

Expectations are such an interesting thing - we seem to be held highly accountability for the ones we posses and also for the ones we lack.

And in the segments and incongruities, there are moments of solitude, praise, and the deepest of adoration. It's not supposed to make sense...