24 October 2006

It goes both ways

Matt. 6:34 - Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

This evening I felt the Lord saying, "It goes both ways." I was having a good day and circumstantially there were things thats looked like they may be lining up the way I had hoped. Who knows, but today I was hopeful and I was expressing it praise. But then I had sorrow because my communication with the Lord isn't as consistent when I'm down. I was dwelling on this and that is when the Lord said, "It goes both ways."

Sure, I could dwell on the past and even lament that in the future there are likely to be many times when I fail at my love for Him. But if we take this command seriously, don't be anxious about tomorrow, how can we then be anxious about the past? In both cases, we focus on what's not there, not in worship of the King.

1 Comments:

Blogger Seeker said...

it is also about seasons...

Friday, October 27, 2006 at 7:45:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home