21 February 2006

The blog begins...

This is the entry that starts my blog/journal though it is actually the second one I have done. I think it’s important to set the tone for the blog. Presently, it is providing a venue to journal for my Hartford Seminary course, Daily Space with God: The Practices of Personal Devotion in Mainline Protestant, Roman Catholic, and Evangelic Traditions.

The course requires us to participate in the Daily Office, Evangelical Quiet Times, and Spiritual Meditation. Each of these practices will take place for three weeks to allow us to get immersed in them. So this blog is the place where I will chronicle my journey. “Chronicle” is a bit formal, but this will be the place where I answer questions like, “Does this practice make a difference?” “Does it help me understand God as the center of my existence in new ways?” “What happens when I fail to keep up the obligations and what is the impact?” “What am I learning about God and myself through these disciplines?” “As Muslim peers are following similar disciplines and we talk about their impact on God, will my faith in Christ be strengthened and changed?”

So I invite your comments and hope that in many ways you will be encouraged or at least challenged by the journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home